2013 Museum Publications Design Competition Winners
The competition will be featured in a special section in the November/December issue of Museum.
The jurors sought out the best in graphic design in 15 different categories. Among the highlights of this year’s winning entries were beautiful typography, effective use of white space and graphic creativity. Jurors also observed the positive role that branding is having in conveying institutional identity and message across multiple formats.
The jurors of this year’s competition were:
- Antonio Alcalà, president, Studio A, Alexandria, Va.
- Margaret Bauer, graphic designer, Washington, D.C.
- Nancy Hacskaylo, senior graphic designer, Freer Gallery of Art & Arthur M. Sackler Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- Andrea Stevens, director of strategic communications, Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Services (SITES), Washington, D.C.
Best in Show (The Franny)
- Ori Gersht: History Repeating Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Mass. Designed by: Lucinda Hitchcock
To purchase this book click here