- 1991 Rhode Island School of Design, B.F.A. with Honors
- 2015Constellation. Public Art Project, Hudson River, NY. June 2015 – Fall 2017
- 2014Palmas, Manitoga, Russel Wright Center, Garrison, NY
- 2012Recent Projects, Mad Dooley Gallery, Beacon, NY
- 2006 Slip Side, Skestos Gabriele Gallery, Chicago, IL
- 2004 Melissa McGill: Otherside, Power House, Memphis, TN
- The Othersiders, Rebecca Ibel Gallery, Columbus, OH
- Shadows and Othersiders, Galleria Marabini, Bologna, Italy
- 2003 Melissa McGill: Antipodes, White Cube, London, UK (publication) (Press Release)
- Melissa McGill, CRG Gallery, New York, NY (booklet)
- 2000 Melissa McGill, Susanne Hilberry Gallery, Birmingham, Michigan
- 1999 Melissa McGill, CRG Gallery, New York, NY
- Melissa McGill, Anthony Meier Fine Arts, San Francisco, CA
- Melissa McGill Sculpture, Susanne Hilberry Gallery, Birmingham, Michigan
- 1997 Myths, Inflections and Innuendoes, CRG Gallery, New York, NY
- 1996 Melissa McGill, Boesky & Callery Fine Art, New York, NY
- 1995 Melissa McGill, Real Art Ways, Hartford, CT
- 1993 Melissa McGill, Palazzo Capello, Venice, Italy
- 1990 Melissa McGill, Ox-Bow Gallery, Saugatuck, Michigan
- 2015Partial Presence, Zabludowicz Collection, London, UK
- 2012Permanent Collection, Nancy Margolis Gallery, NY
- Some Girls of Beacon, Howland Cultural Center, Beacon, NY
- 2011Summer Sculpture Show, CRG Gallery, NY
- 2010 The Ins and the Outs, The Catherine Konner Sculpture Park at ROCA, Nyack, NY
- The Library of Babel, In and Out of Place at 176, Zabludowicz Collection, London, UK
- 2005 Only Make-Believe: Ways of Playing, Compton Verney, Warwickshire, UK
- Fabulous, Rebecca Ibel Gallery, Columbus, OH
- 2004 Parakeet Salon, Brooklyn, NY
- 2003 Breathless, Neuberger Museum of Art, Purchase, NY
- 2002 Re-Cast: Postmodern Classical, The Olympic Tower, CUNY, New York, NY
- Group Show, CRG Gallery, New York, NY
- Parakeet Salon, Brooklyn, NY
- 2001 Material Whirled, Art In General, curated by Laura Lobdell, New York, NY
- Reflection, Rebecca Ibel Gallery, Columbus, OH
- 2000 Se Stacera Sono Qui…, Norrtalje Konsthall, Norrtalje, Sweden
- 1999 The Sea / The Sea, Murray Guy, New York, NY
- 1998 Rubber, Robert Miller Gallery, New York, NY
- 1997 Invited, Helman Gallery, New York, NY
- Summer Group Show, CRG Gallery, New York, NY
- Laying Low, Kunstnernes Hus, Olso, Norway
- 1996 Adicere Animos, Cesena-Cesenatico, Bologna, Italy
- La Toilette de Venus: Women and Mirrors, CRG, New York, NY
- 1995 Delving and Tinkering, E. F. Vandam, New York, NY
- 1993 Rendez(-)Vous, Museum van Hedendaagse Kunst, Ghent, Belgium
- 2006 The Drawing Book: A Survey of Drawing: The Primary Means Of Expression, Edited by Tania Kovats, Black Dog Press, 2006
- Artner, Alan. Reviews, Chicago Tribune, March 3, 2006
- 2004 Koeppel, Fredric, “Grace and serenity, inside-out,” Memphis Playbook, Nov. 19, p. 30
- Yates, Christopher A., “Unlikely Pairing Results In Strong, Divergent Shows,” The Columbus Dispatch, p. F3, June 27
- 2003 Baker, Simon. “Hands Holding the Void,” Antipodes: Inside the White Cube, Edited by Louise Neri.
- Goddard, Donald. New York Art World. April.Nylon, April Issue, p.81
- 2002 Lapidus, Rachel. “Concentrating on Air: Melissa McGill’s Instances (The Three Graces) Exhibition Catalog.
- 2001 Starker, Melissa. “Here’s Looking at You…’, Columbus Alive, May 10.
- 1999 Heartney, Eleanor. Melissa McGill-Review, Art in America, Sept. Issue
- Cohen, Keri Guten. Melissa McGill-Review, Detroit Free Press, June 20
- Tysh, George. “Two Cool”, MetroTimes, Aug. 4.
- Johnson, Ken. Melissa McGill-Review, New York Times, March 5.
- Spaid, Sue. “Slugs and Fuzz,” Village Voice, March 9, p.133
- Bonetti, David. “Boomerang”, Gallery Watch/San Francisco Examiner, February 5.
- 1998 Glueck, Grace. “The Antithesis of Minimalism’s Cool Geometry: Fleshy Rubber”, The New York Times, Feb. 13.
- Whitney, Scott. “Rubber”, New York Post, February 7.
- Kino, Carol. “Rubber”, Time Out, New York, February 26.
- Levin, Kim. “Rubber”, The Village Voice, Feb. 17
- Nahas, Dominique. “Rubber”, Review, February Issue.
- Thorkildsen, Asmund, Laying Low, Kunstnernes Hus Olso, Norway (catalogue)
- 1997 Arning, Bill. Review, Art in America, September Issue
- 1996 McClure, Lissa. “La Toilette de Venus:Women and Mirrors”, Review Art, Sept. 15.
- Stevens, Mark. “Shining Stars,” New York Magazine, Sept. 23.
- Rubbini, Alice. Adicere Animos, Bologna, Italy (exhibition catalogue)
- 1995 Rosoff, Patricia. “Take the Real Art Ways Plunge”, Hartford Advocate, April 6.
- Zoilkowski, Thad. “The Via Via,” Real Art Ways, Hartford, March (exhibition essay)
- 2003 Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD, Adjunct Faculty
- 2002 New York University, New York. Department of Art and Art Professions, Adjunct Faculty
Grants, Awards, and Residencies
- 2015“Art Works” Grant from The National Endowment for the Arts
- 2014Artist Residency Program, Manitoga, Russel Wright Center, Garrison, NY
- 2013Boomerang Fund for Artists, Rockville, MD
- 2004Arts/Industry Residency, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Kohler, WI
- Wheaton Studio Residency, Wheaton Village, New Jersey
- 2003Residency, Fundacion Valparaiso, Almeria, Spain
- 2002Arts/Industry Residency, John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Kohler, WI
- 1999The CAC/Guggenheim Artist Residency Grant
- 1996Art Matters
- 1990Ox-Bow Fellowship, The Art Institute of Chicago, Saugatuck, Michigan
- Sylvie Leslie Young Herman Scholarship
The Huffington Post: There’s A Strange Castle In The Hudson, And One Artist Is Mapping Its Story In Stars October 19, 2016
ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST: MELISSA MCGILL’S ART INSTALLATION TRACES THE OUTLINE OF A CRUMBLING CASTLE June 26, 2015
ARTNET NEWS: Melissa McGill’s Stunning Starlight Artwork Floats Above a Castle on the Hudson June 25, 2015
Upstate Diary – Melissa McGill January 28, 2015